09/03/2026
On September 3, 2002, students, staff and alumni of Strathroy and District Collegiate Institute walked 3.2 kilometres from the old school site on Kittridge Street East to the brand new school building located at 361 Second Street, Strathroy.
This journey had also happened years before when Strathroy students walked to the brand new high school on Quality Hill (Kittridge Street East) in 1914. The new two-storey building included classrooms, laboratories, staff room and an assembly hall. The first principal was J. Sexton.
The students had made the walk from the original Strathroy High School located at the corner of Caradoc and High Streets. The building was built in 1874 and was used until 1914. The first headmaster was Mr. McMichael and he was assisted by David Maxwell and Alex McQueen.